The ITC Project has established a research platform to guide strong, evidence-based implementation of FCTC policies to:
- Evaluate FCTC policies at the level of the individual smoker
- Identify the determinants of effective tobacco control policies
- Disseminate research findings to the global tobacco control community, including researchers, policy makers, and advocates.
ITC Surveys are designed to address critical issues in global tobacco control such as:
- "Are pictorial warnings more effective than text-only warnings?"
- "Do restrictions on advertising lead to sufficient reductions in exposure to industry marketing or must there be a total ban?"
- "Will smoke-free laws also encourage cessation?"
- "Do discount brands and cheaper sources lower the effectiveness of tobacco taxes?"
- "How does effectiveness of tobacco control policies vary by income level-within countries and across countries?"